Friday 14 June 2013

Members' update: Andrew Vessey

Andrew Vessey writes:

"I've been painting hard in the studio - small semi-abstract studies - and beavering around in the sunshine - pastels and ink drawings - getting ready for three weekends of Open Studios. We are a nicely diverse group of about 30, living and working along the Waveney Valley and it's always good to find conversation and friendship. I'm the only clergy person but in addition to seeing a few of them in one or other of the churches I visit on Sunday on duty, they have made me very welcome socially. We have two taster exhibitions planned that will coincide with the Studio dates and are booked for a Group Show in the Pears Gallery in Aldeburgh mid-September. Before then I am creating two pieces for a unique show in Wenhaston (July 27-29) celebrating the life of the late Harry Becker who lived here in Suffolk for much of his mature working life, painting labourers and toilers! I shall be painting Joseph in the sawpit and Mary in an orchard, each discovering "they are not alone". Then in late August I have a one-man in St Michael's Framlingham, one of the truly great wool churches of Suffolk and where 27 years ago I began my curacy."

No comments:

Post a Comment