- an abstract using favourite colours;
- a collage of favourite things;
- a picture of themselves, families, friends or favourite places;
- an abstract with colours showing how they felt right then; and
- writing about themselves – a description, a poem, a short story.
People used several of these ideas, as well as doing their own thing. The first picture nailed to the cross was actually one straight from the heart describing how the person felt right then and there. Our thought was that on the cross all of what we are, difficult and joyous, is held and embraced by God.